Mission: To create opportunities for women to unite and grow through the establishment of charitable, educational and service programs.
The Women’s Christian Association of Philadelphia was founded in 1870 and chartered by the Pennsylvania Legislature in 1871. “Young” was added to our name in 1902 and we have served the women of Philadelphia continuously since our founding. In 1906 we joined, as a charter member, a national association now known as YWCA USA.
Since 2010 our organization has been independent and while our corporate name remains unchanged, we are now doing business as the Avis Chase Women’s Association of Philadelphia.
This honors the late Avis Chase of Chatham, MA and Philadelphia who was a major benefactor.